Swiss Scholarship Fund
Award Number: Varies by year
GPA Required: Varies depending on scholarship
San Francisco , CA 94104
Phone: (415) 456-1597
There are five scholarships available through the Swiss Benevolent Society.
These 3 are based on need and merit. They are awarded to students entering college through postgraduate studies. Candidates must have a minimum GPA of 3.2. for the last 2 years in high school, 3.0 for first year in college and 3.2 thereafter.
1. SBS General Fund Scholarship
2. Willy Isler Scholarship
3. Silvia and Jacques Iselin Scholarship Fund
The next 2 are based on merit only and are awarded to students at the junior and senior college, graduate and postgraduate university. The minimum GPA is 3.5 for the last 2 years.
1. Clement & Frienda Amstutz Scholarship
2. Silvio Canonica Scholarship
- be of Swiss descent by demonstrating that applicant or at least one parent is a Swiss national, registered with the Swiss Consulate General of San Francisco (or carry a valid Swiss passport).
- have resided in one of the following Counties in Northern California for a minimum of three years preceding the date of initial application.
- have applied for admission to any accredited institution of higher learning in the United States offering a baccalaureate or graduate degree. (In exceptional cases, students attending a community college or an accredited vocational school in California may be considered.)
- be a full time student: 12 undergraduate or 9 graduate units per term.
Applications are online.