YFPA Scholarship Program
Award Number: 2-3
GPA Required: 3.5
San Francisco , CA 94107
The YFPA Scholarship Program was designed to serve Bay Area
graduating high school students who are involved in the Filipino
community and have been accepted into a 4 year college/university to pursue a Bachelor’s degree. The objective of the program is to provide financial assistance to those deserving students who have excelled in school, exhibited leadership skills, and have chosen to seek higher education to pursue their career goals.
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic achievement, educational and career goals, application and essay originality, grammar and organization, financial need, leadership experience, and a face-to-face interview.
1. Be a graduating college-bound high school senior.
2. Attend a high school within a 50-mile radius of San Francisco, CA.
3. Upon graduating, have an overall grade point average of 3.5 or higher.
4. Have been accepted to a 4-year college at the time scholarships are awarded.
5. If chosen as a finalist, attend a 30 minute face-to-face interview on the weekend
of April 18, 2015.
6. Attend the YFPA Scholarship Award Night in May in San Francisco. Scholarship recipients will be required to read their essay in front of an audience.
A complete application includes:
-2 letters of recommendation from a teacher, school counselor, or community leader
-Proof of college acceptance or current student enrollment
-Most recent high school transcript with a minimum of 3.5 GPA overall
-Completed eligibility form