World Studio Foundation AIGA Scholarship
Award Number: Varies
GPA Required: 2.0 GPA
Advertising (art direction only), graphic design, illustration, interactive design/motion graphics, photography (although the fields of study that are considered each year may vary)
New York , NY 10010
Worldstudio AIGA Scholarships benefit minority and economically disadvantaged students who are studying the design/arts disciplines in colleges and universities in the United States. Among the scholarships' primary aims are to increase diversity inthe creative professions, and to foster social and enviornmental responsibility in the artists, designers and studios of tomorrow. To this end, scholarship recicpients are selected not only for their ability and their need, but also for their demonstrated commitment to giving back to the larger community through their work.
• Applicants must be citizens of the United States or be in possession of a Green Card (formally known as a Permanent Resident Card or Form I-551)
• Applicants must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in one of the design/arts disciplines listed under “areas of study” - and plan to enter a career in the creative professions.
• Applicants must be matriculated (or planning to matriculate) at accredited colleges and universities in the United States for the Fall 2014/Spring 2015 academic year and intend on maintaining full-time status for the entire year.
• Incoming students who have yet to enroll must submit proof of acceptance from school of choice.
• Though not a requirement, minority status is a significant factor considered in jury decisions.
• Students must have at least a 2.0 GPA.
• Scholarships are only awarded to those students who are in financial need. Applicants must, therefore, provide complete Financial Aid information on the scholarship form and have the form signed by his/her Financial Aid Officer.
* Minority status is not a requirement, but is highly considered when judges evaluate applications.