Wa Sung Community Service Club Merit Scholarship
Award Number: Varies
P.O. Box 1561
Oakland , CA 94604
Applicants must be a graduating high school senior of Asian descent, currently attending school in Alameda County or Contra Costa County and will be attending college in the of Fall 2015. Award recipients must attend the Wa Sung Merit Awards ceremony which will be held on May 28, 2015. Failure to attend the ceremony will result in forfeiture of your scholarship.
Complete the application and submit the following additional items:
1. Approximately 500 word essay on the topic listed above. The essay becomes the property of the Wa Sung Community Service Club and may be used in the club’s publications (which is public information).
2. * A copy of a current High School Transcript.
3. * A copy of your SAT test scores (College Board Test).
4. *A Letter of Recommendation from a teacher, counselor, school administrator, or employer.
5. *Personal Statement stating circumstances (e.g., no parents, single parent, disability, etc.) that you feel should be considered. (Optional)
6. * A copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR), which is produced after you file your current Federal Application for Student Financial Aid (FASFA). By providing the SAR, your financial need will be considered. (Optional)
7. A recent photograph (wallet size) with your name, address and phone written on the back. Only the scholarship winners’ photos will be used in our publications. Photographs will only be returned if requested.
8. A self-addressed stamped envelope for your acknowledgement of the merit award decision. * These documents are considered confidential and will only be reviewed by the Wa Sung Merit Award Committee. If your application is not filled in completely or you do not provide all the requested items or there are discrepancies in your application, you will be disqualified. Applicants will be notified by the second week of May. All decisions of the Merit Awards Committee are final.