Prudential Spirit of Community Award
Award Number: 102 State Honorees plus National Honorees
GPA Required: N/a
All fields of study
200 Crutchfield Avenue
Nashville , TN 37210
The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards program is the United States' largest youth recognition program based exclusively on volunteer community service. The program was created in 1995 by Prudential in partnership with the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) to honor middle level and high school students for outstanding service to others at the local, state, and national level.
The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards program is also conducted in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Ireland, India, and China, where Prudential has significant business operations.
Any young person is eligible who:
- is in grades 5-12 as of November 5,
- is a legal resident of any U.S. state or Washington, D.C.,
- has engaged in a volunteer activity that occurred at least partly during the 12 months prior to the date of application, and
- submits a completed application to a school principal or the head of an officially designated local organization by November 5.
- describe an individual's community service activity or an individual's significant leadership in a group activity that has taken place during the previous year,
- be completed and submitted to a school principal or the head of an officially designated local organization by November 5, and
- be certified by the principal of a middle level or high school or the head of an officially designated local organization. These individuals should review implementation instructions carefully.