The East Bay Consortium of Educational Institutions, Inc. is one of fifteen California Student Opportunity and Access Projects (Cal-SOAP) administered by the California Student Aid Commission.
The East Bay Consortium provides services to students and teachers in Oakland to achieve the goal of increasing the number of students finishing high school and enrolling in postsecondary institutions.
For Students the East Bay Consortium provides:
- Summer academic enrichment programs for 7th-11th gradersFor teachers and prospective teachers the East Bay Consortium provides:
- Year round tutoring and mentoring
- Saturday programs for students and parents
- Parent and family programs
- College and career fairs
- Financial aid workshops
- High school and college advising
- Summer teacher and prospective teacher institute
- Support in the classroom
- Academic and professional training for prospective teachers.