East Bay Consortium of Educational Institutions / Cal-SOAP Scholarship
Deadline: April 12, 2013
Approximately thirty-five (35) scholarships for students attending 4-year colleges or universities and/or community colleges.
- High School Seniors who have participated in EBC programs (i.e. College and Career Information Centers (CCIC), College Information Day at UC Berkeley, tutoring, College Crunch, Cash for College, EBC workshops, CCIC etc.) and will graduate in June 2013 from:
- Oakland Unified School District High Schools
- Berkeley High School
- Richmond High School
- St. Elizabeth High School
- OR Seniors who have participated in the East Bay Consortium’s Pre-Collegiate Academy (PCA) at Merritt College regardless of high school they attend.
- Will be attending an accredited four-year college/university OR a community college
- Cumulative minimum 2.8 GPA, if attending a 4-year institution OR cumulative minimum 2.0 GPA if attending a community college.
- Demonstrated active participation in extra-curricular activities
- Demonstrates Financial Need
- AB540 students are eligible to apply
• Completed online application • Personal essay • High school transcript including 9th grade through Fall 2011 semester senior grades. • Two letters of recommendation - one completed by a current teacher and one by an adult affiliated with your extra-curricular activities • If eligible, MUST apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).